A Four-Week Seminar with Rabbi Eisner.
Thursdays, 7:00 - 8:30 pm
February 2, 9, 16, and 23
This class is designed to help you better understand the Jewish customs and values regarding death and burial. You will learn the answers to the many questions you have about the end of life from both the practical and spiritual standpoint including:
- What to do when a loved one dies?
- What is shiva?
- What happens at a Jewish funeral?
- Can we observe Jewish mourning rituals for non-Jewish relatives?
- Can we recite kaddish for non-Jews?
- Do Jews believe in life after death?
- What do Jews believe about cremation?
- Can people with tattoos and piercings be buried in a Jewish cemetery?
- How do we talk to children about death?
- How do you perform the mitzvah of making pre-need preparations?
There is no charge for this class. Help us prepare, please register.