This week's Gesher l'Kesher News
Saturday, Sept. 16 9:00am-noon
Friday, Oct. 6
Gesher l’Kesher THIS Saturday, September 16 - Gesher will begin on the patio for bagels 9:00-9:20am. This sessions BIG Question is: What is so holy about holidays? Please note a different schedule for this Saturday - there is no This Shabbat Rocks! service.
9:00-9:20 Bagels and Schmooze
9:20-9:40 Singing with Elana
9:40-10:10 Mishpacha Time 1
10:10-11:15 Age Level Learning (Parents with Rabbi Dennis)
11:15-11:45 Mishpacha Time 2
Kesher students will meet at PTBE, then walk together to Beresford Park for their program. Students will walk back to PTBE to meet up with their families by 12pm.
Special Adult Ed Class Sunday, September 17 9:45-11:00am: How to Do the High Holy Days - Please join us for this first in a series of adult education programs on how to do the Jewish holidays. Rabbi Lisa Kingston will take you on the journey of the High Holy Days. RSVP to email@example.com.
Next session: Friday, October 6: Tree of Life Shabbat Service (for young families) 5:30pm; Shabbat Dinner 6:10pm: Shabbat Hallelu Service 7:15pm - Please watch for a separate email to RSVP for dinner.
For any additional Gesher l'Kesher related questions or concerns please contact Rabbi Sara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PTBE & Beyond
Important Upcoming Dates to Keep in Mind:
• Thursday, September 21, 8:00am: Tree of Life Rosh Hashanah Morning Service (Families with K-5th graders)
• Saturday, September 23, 10:30am: Tashlich Service and Family Picnic at Gull Park in Foster City
• Saturday, September 30 8:00am: Tree of Life Yom Kippur Morning Service (Families with K-5th graders)
• Saturday, September 30 4:30pm: Yom Kippur Teen Dialogue
• Saturday October 14 9:00am-noon: Gesher l’Kesher Simchat Torah and Consecration Celebration
• Sunday, October 15 9:30-11:30am: Rishonim Simchat Torah and Consecration Celebration
• Friday-Saturday October 20-21: 7th Grade B’nai Mitzvah retreat at Walden West (At least one parents participates Saturday 8:30am-8:30pm)
• Friday-Saturday October 20-22: Confirmation retreat at Walden West
• And please check your calendar for all Education Program closures
Learn About the Science of Viral Behavior with Lee Daniel Kravetz, Author of Strange Contagion Tuesday, September 26 7:30-9:00pm at Wornick Jewish Day School - Based on the bestselling book Strange Contagion, the talk is simultaneously a moving account of one community's tragedy and a rigorous investigation of social phenomenon, as Kravetz unlocks the mystery of how ideas spread, why they take hold, and offers thoughts on our responsibility to one another as citizens of a globally connected world. A wine and cheese reception will be followed by the talk. Free admission but seating is limited. To register, please visit: www.wornickjds.org/events
Presented by Wornick Jewish Day School in collaboration with the Peninsula Jewish Community Center and Design Tech High School.
Preschool Academy - Harvest Festival with Isaac Zones Sunday, October 15 2:00-4:00pm at Wornick Jewish Day School - Invite your friends to Wornick for our Preschool Academy Harvest Festival on Sunday, October 15! It will be an afternoon of fun learning activities including a performance by musician Isaac Zones, especially for children ages 3 to 5 and their families. Co-sponsored by PJ Library. Free admission, but please register at www.wornickjds.org/events. For a list of other upcoming events, please click here.