This Week's WNP High School News
Wednesday, Oct. 4 6:30-8:00pm
Wednesday, Oct. 11 6:30-8:00pm - Confirmation class ONLY
Wednesday, October 4 from 6:30-8:00pm (6:00 for students who have signed up for the dinner option) - Our next session will feature The Simpsons and Jewish Values w/Rabbi Eisner – (This will be the first of four sessions throughout the year.) For over a quarter century, the Simpsons have continued to hold up a comical mirror to the world around us. Back by popular demand, Rabbi Eisner will be your guide as you watch the Simpsons and discover the hidden Jewish values in each episode. What can we learn from Homer and family visiting Israel? Did you know that Crusty the Clown is Jewish? Learn about bringing Jewish values to life in a whole new way. Dinner will be Round Table pizza and fruit.
All parents and students should read this cell phone policy prior to our first night of programs. There is still room in the program so tell your friends to sign up! Dinner will be Round Table pizza and fruit.
The following session will be held at PTBE on Wednesday, October 11 6:30-8:00pm for Confirmation students ONLY.
PTBE & Beyond
Don’t miss out! SMRTY has planned an awesome Kick Off Event THIS Saturday at the PJCC. The board has planned an afternoon of fun activities and dinner will be included. After the Kick Off, we will load on a bus and head to Camp Newman’s New Year’s on the Bay event. Sign up for both events today!
The first NFTY Retreat of the year is fast approaching, and your teen won’t want to miss out! C-Dubb Smash is October 20-22 at Camp Newman. Registration is still open, find out more information here.
Other Important Upcoming Dates to Keep in Mind:
• Thursday, September 21, 8:00am: Tree of Life Rosh Hashanah Morning Service (Families with K-5th graders)
• Saturday, September 23, 10:30am: Tashlich Service and Family Picnic at Gull Park in Foster City
• Saturday, September 30 8:00am: Tree of Life Yom Kippur Morning Service (Families with K-5th graders)
• Saturday, September 30 4:30pm: Yom Kippur Teen Dialogue
• Saturday October 14 9:00am-noon: Gesher l’Kesher Simchat Torah and Consecration Celebration
• Sunday, October 15 9:30-11:30am: Rishonim Simchat Torah and Consecration Celebration
• Friday-Saturday October 20-21: 7th Grade B’nai Mitzvah retreat at Walden West (At least one parents participates Saturday 8:30am-8:30pm)
• Friday-Saturday October 20-22: Confirmation retreat at Walden West
• And please check your calendar for all Education Program closures
Learn About the Science of Viral Behavior with Lee Daniel Kravetz, Author of Strange Contagion Tuesday, September 26 7:30-9:00pm at Wornick Jewish Day School - Based on the bestselling book Strange Contagion, the talk is simultaneously a moving account of one community's tragedy and a rigorous investigation of social phenomenon, as Kravetz unlocks the mystery of how ideas spread, why they take hold, and offers thoughts on our responsibility to one another as citizens of a globally connected world. A wine and cheese reception will be followed by the talk. Free admission but seating is limited. To register, please visit: www.wornickjds.org/events
Presented by Wornick Jewish Day School in collaboration with the Peninsula Jewish Community Center and Design Tech High School.
Scholarships Available for High School Seniors - The Jewish Sports Hall of Fame of Northern California is offering scholarships. Applications are due September 29.
Call Don Collins at 415-920-5185 to apply. Learn more...