And you shall teach them to your children
- Deuteronomy 6.7
PTBE offers engaging and enduring educational experiences for students of all ages. Children, teens, and adults are integral members of our warm and caring community. The values we teach reflect a deep appreciation for Jewish tradition and encourage active interpretation and creative forms of religious expression. Jewish education is a life-long journey. Our goal is for students of all-ages to gain the necessary tools to study, question, and participate actively in Jewish life. We embrace and teach the principles of Reform Judaism.
Our K-12 Education Programs offers a variety of ways to become engaged in Jewish learning, with choices for all ages and stages:
- Pre-K (4 years old)-2nd Grade: Our youngest learners and their families can join a community of families in K'tanim, our newest family program.
- K-5th Grade learners can choose Rishonim (Sunday School), a traditional grade level program on Sundays from 9:30-11:30 am
- 3rd-5th graders can choose our updated Kesher program to do experiential Jewish Education and Hebrew on Wednesdays from 3:45-6:00 pm.
- 6th-12th Grade: For older students, we offer 2 versions of our Wednesday Night Program: a weekly program for our Middle School students (6th-8th grades) and a bi-weekly gathering for High School students. Our 10th graders come an additional Wednesday night for Confirmation.
- Hebrew Education is offered through numerous classes or tutoring for 3rd-6th grade and is a required component of our B'nai Mitzvah program
- Adults can choose our new learning cohort, G'dolim with Rabbi Dennis: Adults will meet seven Sunday mornings from 9:45-11:00 for, "Grown Up Torah: What we don't teach your kids in religious school!"
Rabbi Dennis J. Eisner, Senior Rabbi
Rabbi Lisa Kingston - Director of Education Programs
Elana Jagoda Kaye, Cantorial Soloist - Director of B'nai Mitzvah Program
Sarah Van Zanten - Youth Director
We look forward to speaking with you in person. For questions, please contact our Education Program Manager, Kim Beauchamp, in the Education Programs office, 650.931.0775.
Please click here for the 2018/19 Registration Forms and Information
K-12 Education Calendar 2018/19 (Final Revised 5/22/18)
We gratefully acknowledge a grant from the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund to support scholarships for our educational programs.